Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Version Updates, Extension Prices, Rivals Sweating: Chrome Web Store Nears Launch

When I heard that Mozilla would be outlining their own open web app ecosystem for the first time today, my immediate thought was that this was to pre-empt the Chrome Web Store. I still think that, but I think the timing may be even more calculated now. From what I can gather, Google's launch of the store may be imminent ? only a few obstacles remain and the search giant is working quickly to hammer them out. First of all, this morning, Google officially unveiled Chrome 7, the latest iteration of their web browser, with little pomp and circumstance. The company has said they'd be plowing through new versions much faster than they have previously (a new release every six weeks or so), so they're downplaying it. But it appears that this may be a critical step one in getting the Web Store ready to go.

MEMC ELECTRONIC MATERIALS

No comments:

Post a Comment